The ABPI exists to make the UK the best place in the world to research, develop and use new medicines and vaccines. We represent companies of all sizes who invest in discovering the medicines of the future.
Our members supply cutting edge treatments that improve and save the lives of millions of people. We work in partnership with Government and the NHS so patients can get new treatments faster and the NHS can plan how much it spends on medicines.
We work with members in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Medicines and vaccines are transforming our lives like never before. We want the UK to be the best place in the world to research, develop and use the medicines and vaccines of the future. To do this, we focus on:
- Improving access to new medicines and vaccines so everyone in the UK can get the latest treatments.
- Building a thriving environment for medicine discovery so the UK can be the best place in the world to research and develop new medicines and vaccines.
- Enhancing reputation by demonstrating the high ethical standards we set ourselves and that society expects from us.
- Working in partnership with Government, the NHS and the life science community
- Providing UK leadership to drive global medicines policy.
- Improving how health data can transform medicine development and improve patient care
- Representing our members, using their insight and experience to tell the story of how they change the lives of millions of people every day.
Biographies from the ABPI President, ABPI Vice-President, members of the ABPI Leadership Team and the Directors of the devolved nations.Our Leadership Team
As a member organisation, we are led by our members who are actively involved in all the core areas of our activity, as well as helping to form the strategy and direction for the ABPI.The ABPI Board
The ABPI’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Creating diverse and inclusive workplaces that deliver innovations to improve the lives of everyone in the UK is critical if we are to deliver on our mission.Read the ABPI’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Our devolved nations teams
ABPI Cymru Wales was established in 2003 in response to the evolving distinctiveness of the health agenda in Wales. It supports the work of the ABPI Cymru Wales Industry Group (WIG), a collaboration of ABPI members with a declared interest in Wales.
ABPI Northern Ireland was established in 2008 to support the development of life sciences in Northern Ireland and to ensure that the benefits of biomedical innovation are brought rapidly to patients.
ABPI Scotland was established at the reconvening of the Scottish Parliament in 1999. The ABPI Scotland team works to represent the interests of our member companies to stakeholders here in Scotland.